July is here and there are a whole host of themes, celebrations and events to inspire your social media content this month. Here are a few ideas for what to post on social media in July.
Sunshine, summer holidays and making memories….. with summer in full swing, the county is looking it’s best, so it’s time to get out and capture those perfect summer scenes to inspire your ideal customers. Set aside a half day to batch create content for the rest of the year. Take photos and video in landscape and portrait formats and store in Google Drive/Dropbox/One Drive etc… when you batch your content, you have a great resource to dip into at any time of year to create a #ThrowbackThursday post or Instagram Reel.
What to Post on Social Media in July – content themes
Let’s talk about plastic! – It’s Plastic Free July all month long with International Plastic Bag Free Day on 3 July.
- Create a post with some simple tips on reducing plastic use in your town, on holiday or in every day life. Let holiday makers know about local schemes such as refill stations, re-cycling facilities etc… Some local cafes are offering a free coffee in return for a beach clean, for example.
- Share what you’re doing in your business to reduce your single use plastics, how you re-use or recycle.
- Talk about the products that you use or sell that contribute to a plastic free lifestyle. For example, your plastic free packaging or products that replace plastic use such as shampoo bars and wooden belly boards.
- Artists can get creative and share a tutorial on creating an art project that incorporates beach finds and promotes plastic free awareness.
School Summer holidays – The kids break up around 23 July and they’re all heading this way! Think about the things you can post on social media to make sure everyone has a great holiday experience this year.
- July is Picnic Month – Think about the family friendly games, activities and food that you can recommend
- Things to do – Check out the events calendar by joining our free facebook group below. There are outdoor cinema screens, bands in the sands and Oyster festival! Check the event organisers websites for details in case of cancellations.
- Where’s the best ice cream in your town? It’s National Ice Cream Month and 18 July is Ice Cream Day. Let’s face it, holiday calories don’t count!
- Show off your local area and what’s on offer for families
- Share an inspirational quote about July. We found a few to choose from here.
June Awareness Campaigns, National Holidays, Dates and Events
National Marine Week – Starting 25 July, #NationalMarineWeek is The Wildlife Trust’s nationwide celebration of all things marine. This year they are running a competition for budding documentary makers. The challenge is to make a one-minute long marine movie celebrating our blue planet and post to Instagram or Twitter. Get involved or let your vistors know about it. Find out more here.
National BBQ Week – Start 5 July https://nationalbbqweek.co.uk
2nd – Wrong Trousers Day
3rd – International Plastic Bag Free Day
7th – World Chocolate Day
10th – World Rum Day
17th – World Emoji Day
18th – Ice Cream Day
23rd – End of school term (Cornwall)
24th – World Tequila Day
24th – International Self Care Day
25th – International Marine Week
30th – World Friendship Day
Download our free Cornwall content calendar with all the relevant dates and events for 2021. It now also now includes 35 content prompts to help you with what to post on your socials. Sign up here then print it off and decide which dates, events and awareness days are relevant to your business, location and brand values. Research the relevant hashtags on Twitter and Instagram to get some inspiration and join the conversation!
You can also find our calendar plus other free social media resources in our free Facebook group here.
See our tips on using awareness days in your social media content here
To talk about outsourcing the content and social media marketing for your business, get in touch for a free consultation here