Here’s the thing… you’re juggling a million things in your business and another day or week has flown past without you posting anything on your social media platforms. It keeps slipping further and further down your ‘to do’ list. So, perhaps you resort to a last minute sales post that gets minimal to zero engagement because that will just have to do. It’s time to learn how to be organised with your Social Media content.
Sound familiar? Then you need a plan.
You see, fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants social media marketing won’t get you the consistent results you’re looking for. You’ll waste time, energy, and money, and you’ll find yourself frustrated at your lack of results.
Plan your social media content in advance
Planning in advance will help you stop the writer’s block that comes from leaving your social media content to the last minute. With a plan, you’ll stop missing opportunities as you’ll know when to mention your special offers, events, national awareness days and jump on trending hashtags. It will ensure that your communications are well thought through and reflect your marketing and business goals.
Having a plan will ensure consistency with your marketing and consistent social media marketing can help you connect with your ideal customers, build trust and grow your brand on any social media platform. Being organised with your content will make social media marketing easier and more enjoyable!
How to be organised with your Social Media Content – have a strategic content creation system
- Block out 1 day every month for marketing and content planning. Plus 1-2 hours a week to review your priorities and schedule your posts. Committing to the same day each week and actually marking it in your calendar will help you stick to it.
- Use a content calendar and planner. We like to use a paper planner to brainstorm and write out ideas and then fill in captions in a Google Sheet. Download our content calendar for Cornish businesses below.
- Plan quarterly and seasonally – plan out your promotions, events, anniversaries and themes for the next quarter. Make a note of any awareness days or holidays that spark a content or promotion idea.
- Think strategically – your posts should have a purpose so think about what you want each post or piece of content to achieve. This is where you need to understand what motivates your customers. What they are struggling with or longing for and how you help them with that. What do they need to know in order to buy from you?
- Decide on your content topics and themes
Create and organise
- Create your captions by relevant brand topics and post purpose and store them in a Google or Excel Sheet
- Batch create your brand photography and videography
- Document moments in your business – take photos and video in landscape or square format for grid/feed posts and Youtube. Plus, take them in portrait format for sharing to stories, IGTV, Reels and Pinterest.
- Start an asset/image library by brand topic and save it in Google Drive or OneDrive
- Keep a content resource list with all the best blogs and news sources.
- Have a customer feedback process and file all reviews
- Use the Pocket app to save great content
Grab our content calendar and planner below and start planning!
To discuss content planning and creation for your business, get in touch for a free consultation here.